Anyone can boost their credit scores to the level of “Excellent”. There are only a few fool-proof ways to make drastic improvements to your credit scores. Here are 5 ways to boost your credit scores
- Pay your bills on time, always
- Keep your credit card balances low as compared to your total available credit
- Apply for store charge cards only when absolutely necessary
- Pay doctor and utility bills when they’re due
- Keep “aged” credit cards open, and use them periodically
A credit card balance should not exceed 30 percent of that card’s available balance. For a higher credit score, raising your limit can be as effective as reducing your balances. If you’ve had a derogatory event on your credit report, avoid credit repair companies until you’ve done your due diligence. Often, time is the best healer of a “bad credit report”.