VA Loans – Veteran Administration Loans

2 years seasoning required after a short-sale / foreclosure. If the previous home was a VA foreclosure then the eligibility must have been restored (i.e. paid back).

How To Restore VA Eligibility

If your VA Entitlement and is currently tied up on your primary home and you want to purchase another home using your VA benefits, here’s what you need to know and do:

  1. You will need to send your lender the HUD from the sale of your current home
  2. You will need to complete a Request for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), VA Form 26-1880 and follow its instructions on how to restore your eligibility.
  3. Send the aforementioned items to us so we can upload them the to the VA via the UIL. The VA will then provide the COE within two weeks.

Please call us if you have any questions as we’re here to help.