The next step after the final underwriting approval in the mortgage loan process involves our Closer sending closing instructions and loan documents to the title company. The title company will then work with our Closer to create the final CD.
Docs to Title & Final CD
Once a file Cleared to Close it is assigned to a Closer within 24 hours. The Closer will work with our document preparation attorneys to send closing instructions to the title company. Those “instructions” allow the Closer and the title company to work in collaboration to finalize the Closing Disclosure (CD).
The title company will email both the Closer and the Processor the Final CD once it is approved by all parties. At that time the Processor will email you the Final CD and the Closer will send title the closing documents.
Mortgage Loan Process Outline
Click here for an overview on each step.
- Loan Packaging & Lender’s Disclosures (1-2 days)
- Loan Setup (2-3 days)
- Processing / Credit Approval (2-3 days)
- Initial Underwriting Approval (2-3 days)
- Sign the Initial Closing Disclosure (CD) (Immediate)
- Final Underwriting Approval (1-2 days)
- Docs to Title / Final CD Issued (1-2 days) <– YOU ARE HERE
- Closing & Funding (TBD)
- After Closing
Please call the Mortgage Mark Team if you have any questions.
Previous: final underwriting approval
Next: closing & funding